Before considering a hair transplant, the following thoughts should be kept in mind:
Transplants are not a cure for someone suffering pattern baldness, no matter the gender. A transplant will not counteract the effect of hair loss in areas that are bald or that have been bald for quite some time.
If there is little hair on the head prior to the transplant, without the inclusion of medication to regrow hair, the hair transplant length may stay the same and not be stimulated to grow any further.
How Much Does A Hair Transplant Cost?
Many clinics are reticent to state exactly how much a hair transplant will cost – due in part to the uniqueness of each persons hair loss requirements.
All in all, it is not cheap especially as some patients require a second session to achieve a thicker amount of hair. The cost will vary greatly depending on the following factors:
1. Physician – Who is doing the surgery and their level of experience.
2. The teams’ experience that supports the head physician.
3. Location – Where you get the procedure done, i.e. medical tourism now caters for patients travelling to countries with a lower cost base for hair loss procedures including hair transplants, grafts, FUE treatments etc.
4. The method of hair transplant chosen-
(I) Strip method (on average) – the graft cost is between $3-6 per strip
(II) Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) (on average)- as this is a longer process, it is more time consuming for the physician. Consequently the prices are normally double the strip method. The price may vary between $5 – 12 per graft.
A graft is a follicular unit and is how the hair appears in its natural form.
For example, you might have a particular graft that has 1, 2, 3 or 4 haired units. Each one is the same cost.
In terms of an overall price, think of your hand curled up to the size of a fist and place your fist over the spot where there is a bald patch. That space is approximately 1500 grafts. Trasplante capilar en Barcelona
Often patients will want double the amount, or have a second session to achieve greater density. An estimate for the procedure cost can vary between 3000 and 6000 grafts depending on the desire of the patient for thicker hair density.
Then multiply that by the number of grafts required.
There will be some patients who want a second session to ensure they have maximum coverage. The range is broad and only when you have had a consultation will you know a ballpark figure for your requirements.
Therefor expect an average cost to be between $3000 to $30,000.
5. Anesthetic – Sometimes this may not be included in the overall hair transplant cost. Be sure to ask if it is included.
6. Post Surgery Support – After the hair transplant surgery, there may be a requirement for 1 -2 follow up sessions to determine how the graft is taking to the scalp. Ask your surgeon if post-consultations are included.